It’s never too late to try that one summer trend that you may have felt wary to try, but that has certainly haunted your Instagram feed since the temperature started climbing above 90°. That’s right, we’re referring to one of 2020’s greatest hits (thank goodness we can still find some normalcy in persisting fashion trends): the DIY scarf top. Popular amongst influencers and fashion-lovers alike for its breezy, breathable look/feel and budget-friendly versatility, the DIY scarf top is arguably the trend of 2020. When it comes to the trend in practice, however, the nearly countless ways that one can tie a scarf into an effective top can feel more overwhelming than new and innovative. Enter this post. We’ll take you through the two most prominent scarf-tying styles, from a step-by-step tutorial to exactly what you’ll need to make this trend work for you.
What You’ll Need:
- Your best strapless bra (shall we recommend our Goddess Multiway Strapless Bra? *wink wink*)
- A silk scarf (duh) -- Square, 35 x 35 inches works best
- A hair tie or rubber band
- Fold the scarf diagonally into a triangular shape.
- Position the scarf across your chest with the point of the triangle facing towards the ground.
- Tie in the back and secure with a hair tie or rubber band around the knot.
- Voila! Introducing your new go-to for your favorite jeans.
What You Need:
- Strapless Bra
- Silk Scarf
- Hair Tie or Rubber Band
- Fold the scarf diagonally into a triangular shape. Déja vu, anyone?
- Fold the triangle in half downwards, so that you are left with a long trapezoid shape.
- Place scarf around your chest and tie in the front.
- Secure with hair tie or rubber band around the knot.
- Either leave the ends long or tuck them in.
- All set and ready to take on the heat!
Whichever way you’re wearing your scarf this season, the true key to making this trend work for you is having a bra that works for you. For all your strapless needs, look no further than the comfort and ease of our Goddess Multi-Way Strapless Bra. Designed with all-day-wear in mind, this strapless bra will sit securely and comfortably under every scarf top that you can imagine and more! Bonus: it also comes with straps for convertible, multi-way use. Run, don’t walk to pick up yours!